Let us not kid ourselves that I’m going to stop wearing heels any time soon!
The reality is, I adore heels, I’m going to wear them to parties, so the important thing is not to give up on them but to find ways to make my heels more comfortable. Then I will hopefully keep ignoring instructions to stop wearing high heels for at least another decade or two!
When you’re really committed to something, it’s not that hard to come up with great solutions. I’m delighted to say I’ve found five wonderful ways to help you through the party season in comfort and style this year!
1. Get your platforms grooving. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it; platform heels are God’s gift to legs. They give you an extra four to six inches of length where it counts and also keep your calves taught and amazing but the best thing about them is how comfortable they are. Depending on how you feel about them, you can either go for a subtle hidden platform, like Green Dragon, or make them the feature of your shoe, like Goldrush, but either way, one thing’s for certain – everyone’s going to notice your legs. And so they should because they’re amazing!
2. Take it down a notch in mid heels. A lower heel doesn’t have to be boring. Opting for a lower heel takes the pressure off the arch of your foot and extends your dancing hours by at least double so you won’t be hobbling home with blisters at the end of the night (or worse yet, staggering home barefoot and carrying your shoes). Choose a dramatic embellished style like Flaming Dragon and you won’t have to compromise on style for the sake of comfort.
3. Flash that pedicure! If you’re one of those people who have shied away from peeptoes because you’re afraid they’re going to be uncomfortable on your tootsies, prepare for a revelation. They’re exactly the opposite. Crushing your feet into pointy shoes that press on your toenails is one of the biggest causes of pain and discomfort in party shoes. With peeptoes, your toes are free to breathe and wriggle around. Trust me, this is life-changing! try Wildcat for some peeptoe comfort to die for.
4. ballet days. Just because you’re all grown up doesn’t mean you can’t channel your inner ballet girl for a night. Especially if you’ll be on your feet all night doing a lot of dancing or walking between venues, ballet flats like Zebra can be a great idea. Paired with pants or a flippy skirt, they look super-cute and are perfect for those times when comfort is the most important thing of all.
5. Get your jelly on. If you’re stepping into high heels – especially if you’re not used to wearing them day-to-day, cushion them with foot jellies. The great news is, you get a FREE pair with any pair of heels from Shoe Envy – including when you buy on sale.Throwback to your