The ankle boot is among the most versatile items of footwear in your wardrobe and it’s an enduring style statement that remains a classic. Dressed up or down, ankle boots add a touch of contemporary freshness to almost any look.
Shoe Envy’s ankle boots have been one of the most popular styles we’ve ever released. So we’re making them available for the start of the cold weather at a special warming price of $40 off.
To see just how versatile they are to style, here are five easy ways to rock ankle boots this season.
1. Weekend style: For a casual shopping date or brunch with the girls, team ankle boots with a mini skirt and opaque tights or a short printed dress or pinafore. The flirty boot maintains a relaxed and effortless look while allowing you to flash your gorgeous pins. Play with textures and prints to add a little fun.
2. Fit for the office: Add a fresh twist to dull office wear and team ankle boots with a pencil skirt, tailored shorts or cropped pants. Stick to basic black for a more conservative look or experiment with colour blocking or tonal shading – try bold red shoes with a powder-puff pink for an unexpected contrast.
3. Weekend casual: Dress down with a pair of slouchy jeans, rolled up at the ankle to show off your boots, or a maxi skirt with a high split. Opt for a lighter grey or tan boot to keep the look fresh and relaxed and top with loose layers for a look that is practical and comfortable.
4. Lengthen your legs: Wear ankle boots in the same colour as your pants or tights to elongate your legs. And don’t think you have to stick to all black. Experiment with bold colour blocking or wear tan boots with nude fishnets for a look that’s surprisingly warm in winter and yet gives the tantalising illusion of bare skin.
5. Date night: If ever there was a time to experiment with bare legs or nude fishnets, this is it!
Dare to bare in a leather or lace miniskirt and patent boots for a little after 5 glamour. Finish the look with a luxurious knit top that longs to be touched.
Ankle boots do’s and dont’s
Here’s what shoelovers are saying about Shoe Envy’s boots…
I am completely gaga for my floral boots and I can’t wait to show my sister-in-law! I’ve only seen shoes like these on instagram and I could never afford them. So stoked.
The rose embossing on these is just divine. I have been waiting and waiting for you to get ankle boots and I’m absolutely over the moon. I’ll take them in every colour thanks!
These are sooooooo comfortable! The first day I wore them, I had to walk about 4km between the train and various meetings and I didn’t even feel like I was wearing new shoes I have been wearing them everywhere and I’ve had so many comments on them. I actually notice people taking sneaky looks at them when I’m walking down the street.